Although not a formal valuation, Fairness Opinions are hugely important in today’s M&A environment for officers, directors, or trustees to satisfy their fiduciary obligations. Their purpose is to assure the parties of the transaction that the deal is “fair” to all the parties to the transaction. A variety of factors in transactions can trigger the necessity for a fairness opinion, including:
- Merger or sale of the company
- Stock repurchase programs
- Spinoffs, spinouts, or split-ups
- Certain ESOP-related transactions
- Other significant corporate events
Valuation Advisory Services leverages its valuation expertise to produce strong analysis, provide supportable opinions and deliver independent recommendations. Please contact us today to have our experience sync with your execution.